

This is what happened to the eggs we dyed. We all love deviled eggs! Emma doesn't like mustard, neither of the girls like pickle relish, but the deviled eggs had plenty of both. For whatever reason they both still love deviled eggs.Stacy-we used a super cheap Paas dye kit to dye our eggs. It was the glitter eggs package--we don't recommend the glitter, but the dye seemed to work just fine.
Our menu consisted of a 27 pound turkey the Christensen's had been keeping in their freezer for a while, potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, asparagus, deviled eggs, rolls with kumquat marmalade, tomato-cucumber-mozzarella salad (Heidi made it-it was so good!), and Crystal Light Cherry Limeade. The coconut cake was dessert. Such a good dinner! 
After dinner, Emma and Lauren treated all of us to a dramatic presentation. They had re-written The Three Little Pigs and called it The Three Little Sea Creatures. They typed up a script on the computer, made scenery, and performed it for our after dinner entertainment. It was really cute and really funny. The best part was the line, "not by the hair of my finny fin fin."
We've done an outdoor Easter Egg hunt since Emma was 2 and Lauren was 1 month old. This was our 3rd or 4th egg hunt with the Christensens. This weekend we've had blizzards and snow storms, but we still did the hunt. The kids were happy and enjoyed stuffing their faces with candy after they found their eggs.
Ketti stayed the night last night after the party. She and Lauren watched Alvin and the Chipmunks until about 10:00pm, then again when they woke up in the morning. Emma spent some quality time with her dad last night...she threw up twice and took a bath. This is typically Mom's job, but I was really tired and pretended to stay asleep so Dad could take a turn. He did fantastic and I didn't even feel guilty. Emma woke up feeling well this morning, but about an hour later she started feeling tired and feverish again. No more barfing, but she's got some kind of mild illness today. Emma and I might get another day of Spring Break tomorrow if she's still sick in the morning.
4 comments:
Sorry about Emsa but smart pretending to be asleep. I can almost smell the rolls...yum.
That is what we did w our dyed eggs too, found out that is a very popular food for O too...she doesn't like eggs that much - but loves the filling! I so wish we would have been able to come down for the weekend!!! But looks like you still had fun w out us, ha ha
This year I was out of relish and I didn't have mustard in the fridge so, I grabbed a dab of horey sauce and pesto for my deviled eggs and they were delish'. I did add the standard mayo, but Morgan loved them! Some of my best recipes come from laziness.
You are a good mama! Guess what we did for Easter, NOTHING! School has drained all the fun out of me.
Post a Comment