Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

We did our best to make it a nice day for Landon today. Emma spent a lot of time this week making him a picture frame out of popsicle sticks. She painted it, decorated it and selected a cute picture of Emma and dad to put in the frame. Lauren gave him an eraser buddy she felt she could part with, and we also gave him an Arby's giftcard (his favorite fast food), a sunglasses string-thing to keep them around his neck, and a big bottle of Chulula. We made him bacon and eggs for breakfast, and steak, roasted potatoes, carrots, and fresh green beans (with bacon) and ciabatta bread for dinner with vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries for dessert. He said he felt appropriately adored.Here is the "Father's Day" collection of black and white photos for your viewing pleasure:
Landon, Justin and Pa in their scout uniforms circa 1996:

Mountain Men, sometime before Landon's mission.Landon and Lauren, hunting trip, fall 2004
Grandpa Kimball and the girls, 2001Pa and Emma at Justin and Stacy's wedding in 2001
Daddy and Emma, 1999Daddy and Lauren, 2003

4 comments:

jenny said...

I love that last picture! We did not do much for Father's Day. I made him a meal, got him some cards, but no gift this year. He felt deprived, but I felt like it was good revenge for my lack of Mother's Day goodness! Is that bad? Yes, I know it is, but oh well. Next year is another year! :)

weasel said...

That pic of Lauren and Landon, I think we went w you...Deer Widows weekend, Pa & Landon were hunting and we came and got to ride the 4-wheeler. Nase's first time, and Lauren was attached to him at the hip!

Lorina LeFevre said...

My most favorite picture of Emma and Landon is the one where he is wearing a hat and kissing her on the cheek. I have it framed. Its so sweet.

Lorina LeFevre said...

I'm glad Landon had a special Father's Day, he deserves it!! Love ya' Landon.