On a side note, as anyone else noticed that my eyes are lopsided?
I made homemade hamburger buns on Friday, and then we made teriyaki burgers put on them. They were delightful. I've been regularly checking Jane's sister Emily's food blog. Her recipe was for the Red Robin Teriyaki Chicken burger, but I adjusted it and used the sauce to flavor some ground beef, then made regular hamburger patties. It's a public blog, so I'm assuming Emily wouldn't mind if other people look at it. I put the link on my list of blogs.
In other LeFevre family news, Landon started summer school yesterday. He'll be the acting principal at the middle school to get hours for his internship. He does this for 3 weeks, then 2 weeks of high school stuff after that. We're hoping he'll be done with the internship at that point. He'll just have his case study in the fall, then get his degree in December. We'll be soliciting prayers when he's working on the case study. Half the class failed last fall.The girls have their summer chore chart now. They are doing a fantastic job! We're using the same chart we've used the last 2 summers, but added a couple more academic chores. Emma has to practice her violin and do a math worksheet, and Lauren has to alternate math and handwriting, plus read 30 minutes a day. (Lauren's third grade teacher opted to avoid teaching cursive to her class, even though it was a state standard. We're going to catch her up so she doesn't write like a Kindergartener in 4th grade.) The girls also have to wipe down bathrooms, vacuum, sweep, empty the dishwasher, empty the garbages, clean their rooms, etc. We give them $.50 per job if they do the job every day of the week. This gives them the potential to earn $4.00 per week, which is enough to buy movie treats, new flip flops (Lauren's obsession), save for dance shoes (Emma's goal), and other stuff they may need or want. They always get plenty of money in the winter with Christmas, birthdays, and other holidays, but they have a dry spell from Easter to Halloween, and that's when the money they earn in the summer helps them.
8 comments:
Can you send me your chore list for the girls? I need to make one for my girls and I need age appropriate chores for them to do. Plus, if you have a good site for summer homework, I'd love to see it. They haven't had homework for awhile due to a paper shortage at their school. Absolutely ridiculous.
You look cute with the new do. The bun looks professional!
Homemade hamburger buns! What will you think to bake next. I thinks summer chores are a great idea. Learning to work is important. I'm getting excited to see you guys.
I miss all the good food that you and Landon make.
I really like your hair...I like it straighten, just not slicked to your head! LIke the highlights a lot! Buns look heavenly!!!
So do you have a link to these homemade buns of yours? I have heard of other people making them and have always wanted to, as I am sure they have to be 20 times better than the store bought things! I love the hair, wish I had the guts to do something with mine! :)
I checked out that blog you mentioned and found a fabulous tortellini recipe. I made it tonight and it's incredible!!!
You totally look very Idaho! I think I might make fun of you... heehee :)
Post a Comment