Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week in Review

We've been having a lot of fun lately!

  • We bought the PTO summer bowling punchcards at the Rex, and the movie punchcards at the Paramount. So this week all four of us went bowling and saw the movie of the week (Diary of a Wimpy Kid).
  • Landon subbed in a Kindergarten class
  • We toured the brand-new Madison County library
  • We rode our bikes over to Burton for free lunch
  • Emma started a Wii Fit program
  • We went to the Rexburg Farmers' Market
  • We went to the ward Give N' Take and shopped at garage sales
  • Emma and Lauren found a stranded blind girl and walked her home
  • We played Monopoly, Clue, Cities and Knights of Catan, Cirkis and Phase 10 Twist
  • Landon and I rearranged our bedroom, vacuumed up many layers of dust, cleaned out our book collection, made plans to sell some online
  • Landon and I went on a date, ate at Applebees and saw "Date Night" (very funny)
  • The girls each had a friend come over for an afternoon
  • We looked through hundreds of pictures (taken before we had a digital camera) and scanned some good ones into the computer in black and white for future printing, and framing.
  • Signed up for a free 1 month trial of Netflix, caught up to the current season of Friday Night Lights, began watching Arrested Development, season 1 (hilarious!!)
  • Landon made homemade refried beans...yum yum

As fun as all that sounds, the most fun we had was this evening. We told the girls to get in the truck, we wanted to go for a surprise outing. We didn't know exactly where we were going, but we just needed to get out. So we drove down to Rigby, went through the Wendy's drive-thru and had a picnic at a park in Rigby. The girls told us we were breaking the Sabbath, which was true. Guilt aside, we had fun at the park. We played red light/green light and Mother May I. The first game, Landon was the Mother and told me to "hop" forward 6 times. I did and the girls thought that was the funniest thing they had ever seen. I don't think they knew I could hop. I was made to hop several times after that, purely for entertainment value. When I was the Mother, I made Landon do the crab walk, which was almost as funny as my hops. Eventually Dad announced that Mom couldn't hop anymore and Dad couldn't crab walk anymore, because my knee was giving out and Dad didn't enjoy the crab walking very much. We went for a scenic drive around Rigby, then we came home. Emma said next time we should bring a picnic from home and play more games at the park. (We GET IT Emma! We're bad and we shouldn't have gone to Wendy's!)

5 comments:

weasel said...

ha ha...I'm sorry, but found a blind girl and took her home, that really cracked me up...but that was so nice of them! Love the hoping and crab walking - would have enjoyed seeing that. I see you figured out how to change the background...it's a cool new feature, it just doesn't have enough options!

Anonymous said...

You guys are a laugh a minute. Maybe the blind girl was trying to run away from home and you ruined everything for her.

Shannon said...

Arrested Development is hilarious.

Heidi said...

Sounds like a wonderful time together.

J Luke said...

I LOVE arrested Development! I laughed my pants off! I am glad you are watching it. However, I want to hear more about the stranded blind girl.