Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Conversation Tidbits

  • Last night Landon got a phone call at 7:15pm telling him that a little girl from his class didn't make it home from school. He called the girl's mom, who was at work until 5 and had been looking for her daughter for over 2 hours. He told her to immediately call the police; she said she thought they wouldn't react until the girl had been gone 24 hours! He told her to call the police, because that's not true. He then called the principal, and several parents in his class to see if she had gone home with any of the kids in the class. He also called the police to make sure the mom had called. At 8:30pm, the girl showed up at home on her own. She had met a new friend and was playing with this friend the whole afternoon/evening. They had been wandering all over going to soccer games, playing back at the school, etc. Landon called all the parents back to let them know she was safe and sound. I can't wait to hear what happened to her when she got home. Landon's going to get the scoop today at school.
  • I took dinner to my Activity Days partner last Friday. She had breast reduction surgery on Thursday. I found out she's only 20 years old! She's been married 2 years and has a baby boy. Her mom came to help her after her surgery and when I took dinner over, Landon asked me if her mom was about my age. Funny. (She was probably 5 years older than me.) Look at the rolls I made! I used my giant baking sheet that I bought at the school district pan sale. LOVE IT! We used these rolls on Sunday for hamburger sliders...we grilled the meat and toasted the "buns" on our handy charcoal grill that Nana bought us a couple months ago. What a yummy meal that was!
  • We got some celery with our Bountiful Basket last week, so the girls made ants on a log.
  • My visiting teacher, Amy, always feels guilty for not visiting me, so on the months she doesn't visit, she brings me some kind of treat. I've gotten Christmas ornaments, homemade salsa, hand soap, cookies, etc. This time she brought me a basket with produce from her garden! I tried to give her basket back to her, but she said to keep it because it was part of the "presentation." How lucky am I? We got carrots, red potatoes, a green pepper, a cucumber, zucchini, beets, and onions. Landon cooked the beets, and made all of us try them. I almost threw up, Emma didn't like it, and Lauren said it was "okay," but she didn't really want any more.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

You make the best rolls ever! Sorry Mom--you know that it is true.

Anonymous said...

I totally defer to your roll queen status. They are picture perfect!!

weasel said...

Oh wow - those look tasty! I wish I had a good visiting teacher...mine have sucked for the last 12 years that I have been able to have them...never had one that actually came more than once!
I would so be kicking that kids TRASH!!!

jenny said...

Can Amy be my VT? I'm not sure if I have one... And those rolls look yummylicious!!!

Kris said...

LMAO! Landon you ARE so FUNNY! Man don't we feel it sometimes! Love you guys!
Your blog rocks and is filled with so much love and laughter, it's like I am in the room with you!

Lorina LeFevre said...

Those rolls are gorgeous. I would of loved to have one or those with a little butter and some yummy homemade jam. Heaven!! I'm glad the girl in Landon's class is okay, I can't believe her mom was going to wait 24hrs to get some help though. Crazy!!

J Luke said...

I like beets.