I've been having abdominal pain for about 3-4 weeks off and on, like contractions--about 2-4 per hour. It had gotten worse over time and had begun waking me up throughout the night, so I went to see the doctor on Tuesday. When my sleep is interrupted, it's time to take it seriously! I went to my family doctor Tuesday, and went for an ultrasound Wednesday morning. The tech showed me a picture of my gall bladder and it resembled a cluster of grapes! I left the radiology place, picked up a Hot-N-Ready Pepperoni Pizza and went home to watch Judge Judy and give my gall bladder something to do with all that grease. Well, my doctor called the minute I walked in the door and let me know I need to meet with a surgeon sooner rather than later. So I called Dr. Christensen (the guy who removed a benign lump from my boob 3 years ago), and arranged to meet with him 30 minutes later. (I did eat 4 pieces of greasy pizza before I got to his office though...I hadn't eaten since midnight! I was stressed!) He told me he could take out the gall bladder the following day (Thursday), so I went over to the surgery center, had an EKG to make sure my heart issues wouldn't be a concern (they weren't), and got pre-admitted.
I got home and still had 30 minutes before Lauren got home from school! Wednesday after school, she found a snake by our front door and the neighborhood kids had a blast playing with the little guy until I made Lauren set it free. She was sad.
Landon arranged for a sub for Thursday, and tried real hard to manage the stress he was feeling that I was having surgery in the middle of his big case study. 
Landon arranged for a sub for Thursday, and tried real hard to manage the stress he was feeling that I was having surgery in the middle of his big case study. 
This is a few of the stones they let me have. Landon threw them away yesterday. Kind of cool!
The surgery went well, I had 50+ gallstones in my gall bladder, which the nurses seemed to think was pretty amazing. I had most of my pain for about the first 24 hours. Since then, I've been sore, nauseous, light-headed and tired, but definitely well enough to lay on the couch and watch Judge Judy and read magazines and books.
I've been so overwhelmed and grateful for friends and family who have called, brought cookies, diet Dr. Pepper, Papaya supplements for digestion, dinners, and Jamba Juices! The girls have been super nice to me and Landon had the house cleaned and banana bread made by 7:00pm Thursday night. I almost want to break something minor so I can reap the attention again soon.
For the Kimball side of the family, I'm still waiting for my first bowel movement. I'll let you know how it all works out. I almost want to take wagers. Everyone is convinced I'll have diarrhea for a while, but considering my history, I'm betting just slightly softer, more regular poop. I'll let you know!!
8 comments:
What a relief! I wasn't sleeping worrying about your toilet habits.
Sorry about the 3 entries--this computer needs an open can of whip ass.
I'll take a bet and say by Sunday evening. Glad you're reaping all the attention and feeling better.
I got pictures of mine...I only had a few - but I had one the size of a golf ball! I didn't get to take some home though, pretty cool...did you touch them?! 4 pieces of pizza - nice!!! I'm not worried about WHEN you poop...but how much it's going to hurt when you do! Oliviana is convinced that Landon has diarrhea of the mouth...not sure why she decided that, but I always say it to her!
I'm just glad you are okay and pretty much back to your old self. Take care.
I know I won't be able to sleep until you have safely pooped. Thanks for the update.
Those stones are cool! I never got to see mine!
hope everything comes out o.k.
Post a Comment