Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dad's Birthday

We celebrated the heck out of Landon's birthday, Monday. He didn't want to face the disgusting pizza school lunch, so I brought Jimmy John's sandwiches for the two of us to eat in his classroom during lunch. Then I stayed and passed out the cream puffs/eclairs I had made that morning for his little 3rd graders, the lunch ladies and the teachers in his hallway. Mondays are early-out days, so I stayed and read the class book to the kids, had them sing Happy Birthday, ask any questions they had for Mr. LeFevre, took pictures of them and tried to kill as much time as I could, so Mr. LeFevre didn't have to do any more teaching Monday afternoon.
After school, Landon came home and opened his presents (a hot drink cup, a toothbrush, BBQ pork rinds, and cash for a new Wii game, plus cards from the girls), then checked his email to see he had PASSED his case study!!! Woo Hoo! We were jumping for joy and I think we all felt a huge sense of relief. (That's really an understatement, but we've talked to a lot of you and I think you know how excited we are! BTW, Kevin didn't pass!!! Awkward!) We drove to Idaho Falls for Cafe Rio and some birthday shopping. Landon ended up buying the Legos Batman Wii game, and the 2005 Grammy CD (used at Hastings in IF). It was a great birthday for the best dad/husband ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A huge congrats to Landon and "That bites" to his buddy. Sounds like someone is very loved around your house!

Lorina LeFevre said...

I'm glad you had a great day. I love the silly face picture with Mr. LeFevre and his class. I am really happy you passed, what a relief!! Love you!