Saturday, December 4, 2010

Small Update

I don't have any pictures right now, but I'll try to update the blog anyway. I'm not even going to try to catch up the past two weeks, mainly because I don't remember a lot of it.
Grammy has been here since November 18th and left today. We won't miss the 95 phone calls a day she receives, but we will miss her happy, positive energy. The girls had so much fun with her, and for the first time in 20+ years I had to allow someone else to do things I literally couldn't do for myself. It was humbling and very appreciated.
When Landon and Lauren took Grammy to the airport they brought us back a large pepperoni pizza from Lucy's Pizzeria. It was amazing!!! I love that place. We've had nightly meals from people in our ward since I returned from the hospital, and we'll have one more meal on Monday night. As much as we have appreciated the fantastic meals, I've missed eating out and I've missed our "flavor" of foods. I'm tired of bland chicken and rice variations, and I miss Landon's spicy, flavorful, creative meals. Tonight he's making a hot Parmesan/broccoli/spinach dip with toasted baguette slices and salad with a homemade ranch/tomatillo/lime/cilantro/jalapeno dressing. Yummy!
Emma has the flu! She's been really achy and tired and sleeping on the couch a lot. Lauren has been Daddy's helper girl. She's been super sweet and very helpful to Emma and me.
Our roof has had some serious problems since yesterday around 7:30am. It's been leaking water down the outside wall and seeping up through the living room floor. Our carpet has been completely saturated and flooded with water from the wall inside about 6 feet into the living room. I had to call around and find someone to fix the ice block and bring us a dehumidifier until Landon got home from work yesterday. We borrowed the Jones' Shop Vac and used it a couple of times to hold back the water. When Landon got home, he got up on the roof and finished the de-icing process. I had been online sending emails and calling HOA board members until someone finally came over and took a look at our mess about 12 hours after it started. Today we had someone come over and fix the leak problem until the winter is over, hopefully. With Emma's flu and the flooded living room and my persistent back/rib pain, it's been a hell of a couple of days.
At least I caught up my blog!!! When I figure out how to use our new camera, I'll try to post some pictures soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the problem fixed. Is it my imagination or did the pizza and zippy dip come out AFTER the old girl flew the coop!! I'm going thru little girl withdrawl...miss my Idaho family very much. Remember to be good and don't get doing anything too soon.

weasel said...

Sounds like a good thing I didn't come...doesn't look like it's happening next week either. I just don't think I could handle it, in the car for four hours with her!!! That salad and dip sound fantastiC!

Lorina LeFevre said...

Good Gravy!! When it rains it pours, literally. Glad to hear most of it is taken care of.