Since we had our fun last weekend, we spent Spring Break weekend at home trying to save money. We watched several movies (Winter's Bone, The Fighter, Morning Glory, Ice Princess, Cats and Dogs, Diary of a Wimpy Kid...try to guess which were kid movies and which were adult movies), and had fun with friends. We went to the Bates' house for pizza and dominoes (the game), while the kids played together, then the next night Lauren spent the night with Caroline and Emma had Katrina spend the night at our house.
We spent one day driving around sending the girls into stores with free food coupons so we could eat dinner. We scored with McDonalds cherry pies, french fries, and crazy bread from Little Caesars. I considered it a balanced meal because we had salty and sweet in one meal=BALANCED.
One night Landon and I actually spent some money and went to a Mexican restaurant in St. Anthony we heard was good, and IT WAS! We're always a little doubtful when native Idahoans recommend restaurants, because they tend to prefer bland flavors. This time it worked out for us. We'll definitely go back.
I got a hair cut and color last week at Evan's. I hadn't really had my hair done since before my surgery, so I was due. The funny thing is, I brought in a picture of Joy Behar for them to do my hair like that. I should be embarrassed about that, but I think my hair looks good like Joy's! (And like Paula Deens and like Barbara Walters...go ahead and laugh, but I know my hair.)

Emma loved Jessica Luke's hair when we were in Utah last weekend, so I took her to Evan's to get her hair cut. It's a subtle change, but I think it really makes her look more mature. She has been wearing mascara since she turned 12, and I notice that the makeup combined with the haircut makes her look older...a good thing when you're in 6th grade. (She has long bangs on the side, with some "fringed" layers on the ends, kind of like a shag.)
One of my least favorite activities is when the schools have "spirit week" and the kids are encouraged to dress up every day. This is "character day" where you dress up like a movie, TV or book character. Emma chose Annabeth, a character in Percy Jackson (Lightning Thief). Basically, she just put on a hat and wore a name tag so everyone knew she was dressed up.
Lauren made Hot Fudge Pudding Cake out of our family cookbook. It is cooked in a crockpot and served warm, obviously. It looks kind of funny, but it was delicious! A good one to try from the cookbook.
I've been making lots of recipes out of the cookbook lately. Try Kristen's Honey Curry Chicken, if you want to try something yummy and different. I literally moaned while I ate it. SO GOOD!
3 comments:
Love your hair! Emma's, too.
Good looking haircut ladies!
Miss you guys
She does look more grown up in that picture! Cute! I love that Honey curry chicken = made that for a campout w friends, the whole meal was quite while we all enjoyed it!
Post a Comment