It's over! Girls' Camp came and went and I couldn't be happier. Emma had the time of her life and loved 98% of every minute of it. We had 15 girls from our ward, plus 2 23-year old camp directors (so, like, 17 girls and one old couple...the LeFevres). Landon and I were in charge of all the menu planning, purchasing and preparing food and all the clean up and maintenance of the "kitchen" area of our camp. The girls helped at every meal, but sometimes it's more work to boss them around than to do it ourselves. We came home really tired, but it was a good experience overall. The mosquitoes were relentless and that really took a toll on the morale, but Emma still had so much fun. The theme was "Let The Scriptures Be Your Guide" and she came home very motivated to read and study her scriptures. She fit in well with all the girls in our ward and didn't hang out with her parents except the hike day--which kind of stressed her out--and at night she chose to sleep next to me. 




There was a jungle theme, so our ward was "Tigers," thus the orange shirts and hair. The girls had made tutus before camp, so they wore their tutus whenever they felt like it. (They gave me one, but I promptly hid it in the truck...tutus are not attractive on large women.) Baby Lauren stayed home from camp...she spent one night at her friend Zoe's house, and 2 nights at Caroline Bates' house. She loved every minute of it. She got to go swimming at the new Rexburg pool, played an hour of laser tag, went to the library, ate at McDonalds, had pizza, did crafts, etc. She loved her time away from us, but I'm relieved to report that she actually missed us and couldn't give us enough hugs and kisses when she got home. She was all over her dad and me for about 24 hours, or until she felt like she had gotten caught up on the all the lovin' she had missed.
This is a random picture of Lauren I took to show her new hairstyle. She likes a blog called something like "princess hairstyles." She and Emma like to find new hair ideas and have me try them out. We call this the "pyramid" hairstyle...kinda cute.
I keep finding dozens of pictures of Emma's outside plants and house pictures. I deleted at least 30. Here is a picture of her thriving tomato plants in the planter box Landon made with her. Her cabbage plant is to the right and some kind of flower she planted from seed is to the left.
5 comments:
Wow--brave to go to girl's camp as a volunteer. Emma looks so grown-up!
Your camp is a ton nicer than the one the girls went to. Ours looked like a concentration camp.
Camp sounds like it was fun. I have great camp memories and sounds like Emma is going to have some now, too!!
COME HOME NOW!!!!!!!!
Yeah for Emma - so glad she had a good time, even if you had to go to make it that way for her. I keep forgetting to ask what the blog was...I keep wanting to try stuff on Nana's hair too.
Post a Comment