Friday, July 29, 2011
Trip to Vancouver, Day 4
Thursday morning we woke up to RAIN! Big surprise, rain at the coast.
We decided that it would be a good day to drive north to Cannon Beach and Seaside, rather than try to play in the ocean or go on a hike. Grammy and Grandpa met up with both families in Tillamook, and after a brief stop at the Tillamook beef jerky factory outlet store (a FACTORY OUTLET for BEEF!), we hit the 101 north and ate lunch together at Mo's (famous clam chowder/seafood restaurant) in Cannon Beach. After a most delicious meal, Grammy and Grandpa left us to go on their own scenic drive, while the Kimballs and LeFevres drove up to Seaside.
First stop...The Candyman, where we bought a 2 week supply of saltwater taffy and spun the wheel of fortune.
Second stop...carnival rides! I have a special love for the Tilt-a-Whirl, so Emma and I paired up for a spinnin' good time, while Mason, Max and Phoebe took a car and Zoe and Lauren paired up. Next stop, bumper cars. David rode with Lauren, while Phoebe, Emma, Max and Mason each drove their own cars. (Lauren did NOT want to drive her own car, but giggled non-stop while David bumped the living daylights out of everyone he could.)

The girls decided to buy Oregon Coast hoodie sweatshirts with the spending money they brought with them...

We posed with Lewis and Clark, then hit the beach for a few minutes of getting our feet wet before heading back to Tillamook. We went back to our yurt for a dinner of brie, bread and beef stick and then walked for a couple miles on the beach at Cape Lookout. That was beautiful! I kept asking myself how I ended up living so far from the ocean. I miss it. Grammy and Grandpa met up with the Kimballs and followed them to their beach house and spent the night there with them. John and Katie showed up that evening and stayed in a tent not too far from our yurt. They sat around the campfire with us until around 10 or 11 that night. It was a really fun day spent with lots of family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love me a tilt a whirl. I am the best to pair up with because it always helps to have some bulk in one of those things.
I hate reading all the things you did, more jealous each post...MO's...you got Mo's?! SUCK! I hate saltwater taffy, but it's a must when you go to Seaside for some reason!
Post a Comment