Doctor Jones sent us over to Teton Radiology, where I drank a gallon of water and a diet Coke and then we had an ultrasound. The tech found the baby and the heartbeat within about 2 seconds, so Landon went out and got the girls so they could see it. It was super cool to see it floating around in there.
I've had zero morning sickness and have been just as "rarin' to go" as usual, so a part of me has been thinking it's all in my head. It was nice to see proof. On a side note, I have been craving eggs non-stop (over-easy or scrambled), and I've finally popped out of my pants. I bought this thing called a "tummy sleeve," which is just a spandex tube of fabric that covers my unbuttoned, unzipped jeans and goes up to just under my bra. It keeps my pants up and smooths out the top of my jeans so I can survive several more weeks without maternity pants, which don't exist for 6'2" fat pregnant ladies.
Here's the ultrasound picture:

I know it appears indescipherable, but the head is on top (thankfully), the spine is along the right side of the picture, and the "tail" curves under the spine.
7 comments:
Glad you explained what I was seeing because I thought it was a boar head...did anyone else see that?
Congrats to guys!!
Ah, this is making me so nostalgic for when I had my ultrasounds. I'm glad everything is going well.
Am I the only mush or did anyone else tear up when they saw the ultrasound picture? How exciting!!
When we had kids you stood in front of a bright light and the doctor said, Yep, you're pregnant!
We are sooo excited, thus the 2nd reply. Might have bought flannel this week, just saying.
After I read Mom's comment and looked closer at the picture I swear I saw a grinning skeleton snake head...maybe it is like looking at the magic picture books...or staring into the sun for too long...it does get boring here.
I can't wait for T-bone to get here!!!
It's fun to see one of those pictures for someone I know, I see 1000 of them a day here...after a year - it's still hard to see what the hell is going on in there until they get further along, but the heartbeat is the coolest part, so glad they were able to find it the 2nd time around! Lauren's party looks like fun, glad she had a good time!
Post a Comment