Friday, July 6, 2012

Baby Shower!!

I had the best baby shower on June 30th!  My friends, Jenny and Erin planned it and carried it out at the Meadow's clubhouse.  The theme was "B is for Baby, Blue and Brunch," or something really close to that.  The decorations were beautiful and the food was delicious.  There were about 30 attendees and more children than we wish would have come, but oh well.  (Seriously!  Why do Mormons think that everything is a ward party and everything comes out of the ward budget and people can eat as much as they want and not even RSVP?)  Jenny and Erin did almost everything, then Jenn Jones did a whole lot of helping, and Heidi Christensen couldn't come, but added a "scene-stealing" carved watermelon fruit bowl.  I got a lot of clothes for the baby, and visited with lots of friends.  I know what I need to buy now, based on what I didn't get, so that actually helped a lot.  After the party was over, I was reminded how blessed I am to have so many friends and such good friends who would work so hard to do something so nice for me. 
This is the blue "candy bar," which had to cost a fortune.  So cute.

Lemon water...the container was huge and the guests only drank about 2 inches of the water.  After the shower, we had Manase carry it over to the sink because it was so heavy.

Adorable little party favors with blue candies inside for the guests to take home.

Heidi Christensen made this beautiful watermelon baby carriage filled with fruit!  She's amazing!

There were donuts from Paradise, and Jenny made these delicous little "quiches."


There she is, making the quiches!  (Doesn't the kitchen look exactly like my kitchen?)  Jenny and Erin were busy behind the scenes, keeping naughty children away from overeating and misbehaving and making the party perfect for me.

Emma, partaking of the feast.

Jessica Luke, eating fruit from Jenn Jones' beautiful fruit tray! 

This is such a cute bib, made by my friend, Amy McCoy.  She made a red one too, and gave me some really cute denimn overalls.  One of my favorite gifts.

Large Marge.

A friend, Ashley Thueson, who Lauren babysits for now and then.  She had her 4th baby--Phinneus--about 6 weeks earlier.  She has an Emma (born on Valentine's Day!), Eliza (born on St. Patrick's Day), Titus, and Phinneus.  Like our name choices or not, at least they're not crazy-ass names like Titus and Phinneus.

Some of my friends!  (Candi McFadden--Stake YW pres., Elizabeth Crisp--book group friend, and Nancy Rowberry--YW leader in the 14th ward and employee at Kennedy, plus Jenn Jones standing in the back.)

Kristen, Oliviana and Manase--they actually love me enough to drive 4 hours  for the baby shower!  I was very touched that they would do that for us!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Thank goodness you aren't having a Titus--yikes!

Anonymous said...

I love your updates. You had a great time with everyone from the looks of things. You have wonderful friends and family because YOU are wonderful.

Heidi said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. :)

jenny said...

I am glad it turned out so well and everything went very smoothly! I hope it was good for you!

Lorina LeFevre said...

The party looked lovely, so wish I could of been there, too!!