Friday, July 6, 2012

Crib and Quilt

Jane gave me this quilt!!!  Her mom made it, and Jane bought it from her at their family reunion auction thing.  I love it!  I secretly hoped there would be some way I could get my hands on a quilt made by Jane or her mom for our baby.  This quilt will be all the visual stimulation the baby will need!  It even matches Lauren's walls and the crib itself.  Perfect!

By the way, don't you love our crib?  Lauri gave it to us and I think it is beautiful!  It has a drawer underneath that Landon was able to repair.  I'm planning to put blankets and crib bedding in the drawer.  The crib turns into a toddler bed, so we're in good shape for several years!  Also, take note of the crib bumper and pillows.  My friend, Sara Jenson, recovered a crib bumper she already had with brown dimpled minkee fabric and I LOVE it!  Emma is very concerned about any bedding or pillows in the crib itself after we watched a segment on the Today show about the dangers of SIDS.  Chances are the baby will be in our bed until he's older anyway, so I think the bedding will just be for looks for a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't I tell you you would get a killer quilt from Jane/her mom? Glad I didn't try one; it would be so sad compared.

Heidi said...

I love the colors she chose.

jenny said...

That is gorgeous!!!

Lorina LeFevre said...

Love it!!!