Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

For the most part Labor Day weekend we stayed pretty close to home.  Saturday we went for a drive out to Victor, then headed over the mountains to Swan Valley, then through Ririe and back home.  We packed a picnic and just enjoyed the scenery.  While we were driving over the mountains west of Victor, we were caught in a huge rain/hail storm that was actually kind of scary!  The hail was hitting our car so hard that I thought our windshield was going to break.  It was intense.  We made it to Swan Valley and found a church with a covered pavilion so we could have our picnic. 

This is Lauren enjoying her lunch in our own personal pavilion.

We enjoyed chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, chips, cookies and apples.  Yum!


Of course by the time we were done eating the rain/hail had cleared up.

The baby and I were there, too.
 
Everyone knows if you go to Swan Valley, you have to stop for their world-famous square ice cream cones.


Lauren opted for lime-rickey flavor.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Made me laugh so hard that I snorted but love the pic of you and Baby.

Anonymous said...

You and Levi look adorable. You're too funny.

Lorina LeFevre said...

It sounds like a great family adventure, rain and all. I want a square ice cream cone!!