Saturday, September 15, 2012

Levi Landon LeFevre is here!

Wednesday the 12th, we arrived at the hospital at 6:30 a.m. to be induced.

The girls went to school Wednesday, but stopped by after school with Grammy to see how we were progressing.  Emma got some homework help from her dad.

Lauren was sooo tired of waiting.  We were continually disappointed when I wasn't dilating very quickly.  I eventually got to a 4 and didn't progress past that even after 4 more hours with the Pitocin pump turned up all the way.  Meanwhile, the baby's heartrate started to slow down a little bit with each contraction.

We decided at 9:00 p.m. to go ahead with a C-section.  I think it would have been inevitable, and we preferred do it sooner rather than later when we were all (including the baby) even more exhausted.

Levi was born at 10:00 p.m. via C-section.  He was 8 lbs, 6 ounces, 21 inches long.  The doctor had to use some suction to get his head loose, so he had a bit of a conehead for several hours.  His apgar scores were still 8 and 9.  We didn't get to see his first bath because I was getting stitched up and Landon was in the recovery room waiting for me. 

Landon watched every minute of the blood/guts portion of the C-section.  I was able to see his face above me and knew when he saw the baby because his eyes started watering.  When the baby was out and we could see him for brief seconds, both Landon and I were crying.  The anesthesiologist (who was in our ward!) continually wiped my eyes in addition to monitoring all the tubes and drips for me. 

Why did we wait so long to do this again?? 

Lauren was all business when she walked into the room to meet her baby brother for the first time.  Her arms were outstretched and she wanted to hold him immediately. 

Emmy was our more sensitive little girl.  She was crying and couldn't speak.  It was such a sweet few minutes.  Landon captured it on video.  Maybe later I can post it.

Of course, Grammy has been here to help us just as she always is when we really need her.  She took such good care of the girls while we were at the hospital.  She is the next best thing to having their mom with them.  Even at their ages, they need that security.

Besides for me looking pretty beastly, this is a great first family picture of the FIVE of us!

Just can't get enough!!

The dad with his SON! 
You can see where Levi's little head had some trauma when he was pulled out.  Looks kind of like a receding hairline.

Trying to catch Levi with his eyes open.

This is pretty revealing, but just avert your eyes if you can't handle it.  I just thought Levi was so cute all curled up around his favorite body part.

Dr. Thomas Jones
I LOVE this man!  He is our entire family's doctor.  He is the best doctor I've ever had.  He helped us get pregnant quickly and has been very sweet and encouraging all along the way.  He even gave me a churchy pep talk one day, which is one reason I enjoy living in Rexburg.  We lucked out finding him.

7 comments:

weasel said...

very sweet picture of Levi cupping the boob - if the nip wasn't showing it would be my favorite picture of him!

Erin said...

The nip is NOT showing! It's Levi's lips! I swear. I'm not that gross.

Heidi said...

I love all the pictures, congrats on your little man. He's just adorable!

Shannon said...

Love him! I just want to eat him up.

lahens said...

Congratulations!!!!

Levi is beautiful! I am so excited for your family.

Lauri


jenny said...

I am balling right now!!! I want to see him so badly!!! I wish I could come right now. I promise I will come as soon as I can.

christensen clan said...

FIVE looks good on the Lefeeves!! So darn cute!