Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lauren's 12th Birthday


Lauren had her 12th birthday Sunday!  She got the Cosby show season 5 and 6, a new dress, an extensive make-up kit, a nail polish stamping kit (too complicated to explain), a bag of Lindor chocolates, bicycle handlebar grips, a Slim Jim, 2 new shirts, an Ipod case, and probably some other stuff I've forgotten.  Emma took the pictures of her opening her presents with her Ipod, so of course I don't have them to post on the blog.  She said it was one of her best birthdays ever, so I guess we did a good job. 
Instead of going to I-Jump with friends, Lauren chose to get pedicures with her mom!  What a good girl!  The catch:  no Levi.  It was stressful for me to be away from him for an hour or so, but he survived (and so did I).

Lauren's birthday fell on Sunday, so we had her special dinner Saturday evening.  She chose dinner from New Fong's for the second year in a row.  We got it "to go" and ate at home. 

All ready for church and her first day of Young Women!  We blew out her hair and flat-ironed it.  Now that she's 12 she is allowed to wear make-up, so she wore some mascara. 

She wore a new outfit to church.

We ordered Emma to be nice to Lauren in YW.  She was.

Landon took this picture.  He's the worst photographer ever.  He was aiming the camera up in the sky.  We were laughing at his skills.  He has a hard time centering people in the frame of the camera.  This was the 5th or 6th picture he took.

After church we had crepes for lunch. 

Lauren chose Oreo Dirt Cake for her birthday cake.  She's an original!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

She just looks so grown up and happy! So glad you are such a precious and loving family. Thanks for sending pictures so often...we miss everyone so much.

Shannon said...

P.S. That was Grammy--I think Shannon wouldn't get so mushy.

Lorina LeFevre said...

So grown up! Love you sweet Lauren!

weasel said...

She looks very happy! Glad she had a good day!