We went to Logan, UT for a ballroom competition that Emma was doing. It was originally supposed to be in Ogden, but the organizers couldn't make it work so they moved it to Logan. Nana, Lorina, Christina and Lincoln came to watch and to see Levi for the first time (Nana had met him before). Kristen and Oliviana also came up to see us, so it was a lot of fun and a very rare occasion to be surrounded by so much family.
We were a little worried about how Levi would travel, but overall he did great. It's funny that I'm so much more freaked out about Levi's comfort than I ever was about the girls. Both girls had moved a couple times and been on several road trips and camping trips by the time they were 6 months old. Levi's life is a lot more boring in some ways.
 |
| We all stayed at the Springhill Suites in Logan. It was a super nice place and I love that we were all there. Levi was tired, hungry and grumpy when Lorina held him for the first time. He screamed pretty loud and gave a pretty bad first impression of his temperament. |
 |
| Add caption |
We went to Chuck-a-Rama for lunch when we got to Logan, then walked around the Cache Valley mall. It was exactly like the mall in Idaho Falls, so it wasn't super exciting. Emma did find a cute denim jacket at Rue 21 and Lauren found a cute purse at Claires. After the mall, the kids went swimming at the hotel.
 |
| Levi LOVES to swim! He only swam once while we were there, but he was happy to be in the water. I was able to feed him and give him pretty regular naps in our hotel room while we were there, so I think it helped a lot with his (and my) comfort. |
Friday night Landon and Christina bought pizza, wings and salad at a restaurant across the street. The rest of the crew ate in the lobby of the hotel while Levi slept and I watched TV in our room.
 |
| Saturday morning we arrived at Logan High School for Emma's competition. She danced to Chim Chim Cheree (foxtrot) and Manic Monday (Cha Cha) for the team competition. |
 |
| She was beautiful!!! |
 |
| There was a HUGE snow storm Saturday morning, so I was worried about Kristen driving up the canyon. She arrived right after Emma's first performance. The snow was really piled up and made it hard to get to and from the parking lot. |
 |
| So pretty! I always tear up when I see my girls dance. It's the weirdest thing. |
 |
| Emma's group won first place for Chim Chim Cheree and second place for Manic Monday. She didn't fare so well in the individual competitions because she was paired up with some really bad partners. Kind of disappointing for her, but she still did well. |
 |
| Saturday we ordered Jimmy John's and ate together in the lobby of the hotel. It may seem like no big deal, but for us it was fun to be with so many family members at once. It just doesn't happen very often, so we appreciate it when it does. |
 |
| Kristen and Oliviana stuck it out through the afternoon at the dance competition. It is sooo boring and uncomfortable and long, but I think Emma appreciated it. Christina and Nana also stayed to watch, while Lorina watched Lincoln and Lauren swim at the hotel. |
 |
| We had so much fun in Logan. Emma even said she'd move there if Dad got a job there. I think that's in the fat chance category, but it would be so fun. We all loved it. Sunday morning we said good-bye to the Las Vegas crew and did some shopping at TJ Maxx and Old Navy with Kristen. We had lunch together, then drove home. Levi was a little less thrilled on the way home, but we managed to survive. |
3 comments:
I love your family picture!!
At last!! A picture of you five!
I had so much fun. I miss you guys already!!
Post a Comment