Day 6 was the big Kimball Family Reunion Day. We've never been to a family reunion before so a few months ago I decided to call this trip a family reunion. Even though there are no extended family members besides for the original 8 Kimballs and their spouses and kids, I think it still counts. I decided we should have t-shirts for everyone, so luckily everyone (except for Shannon) jumped on the bandwagon and we looked like a team that one day. Heidi's idea was give everyone a number to have on their shirt, of the order he/she joined the Kimball family, with Dad being #1. I thought the shirts turned out a little on the bright side, and maybe should have had some wording on the front and the back, but either way, we all matched.
That morning David's family, Jason, Katie, and Landon all went on a hike to the end of the cape at Cape Lookout. It was a classic David Kimball family hike that was pretty much a race to the destination and back, so maybe not our kind of hike, but Landon still managed to take some beautiful pictures. Is it significant that only in-laws wanted to go on this hike with David's family? hmmm
Later, we shared a big, delicious meal cooked by Sara (poor Sara ended up having a tough job!) of Cafe Rio-style pork taco salads, with fruit salad and treats provided by Heidi and other additions provided by Katie and John. David took some family pictures, which could have been better if we had a location that wasn't on a hill, but it was still nice to document the occasion with photos. We played a game that I made up that was similar to the newlywed game with the Kimball kid answering questions and their families trying to match their answers. It was fun to learn new information about each other that we hadn't known. The kids played in the hot tub, watched Pitch Perfect again, and everyone just hung out and talked. A very fun day!
![]() |
| Love this one of David and me. He likes to touch me in inappropriate ways in order to make me laugh during pictures. He's gross. |













1 comment:
I loved our reunion!! Thanks for putting up the pictures. Such a fun week.
Post a Comment