Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fun Day in Jackson

Today we went to Jackson, WY! The Teton County/Jackson recreation center has the best pool! It has a big water slide, a little water slide, a regular Olympic sized lap pool with diving board, and a really fun kids' pool ranging from 1-3 feet. We spent about 3 hours swimming and sliding. After swimming, we walked around Jackson a little bit and ate dinner at one of our favorite Jackson restaurants, The Teton Steakhouse. We stopped at the Yippy I O candy store, then headed home. The drive is about 80 miles and it's actually part of the fun. It's beautiful. I saw a great bike path that's flat and smooth between Driggs and Victor, and I think Emma and I are going to ride on it before the snow comes this year.

During the drive Emma was quizzing us about some Idaho state history she's been learning in her first 3 days of 4th grade. She asked why the elk has a shield on the Idaho State Flag. Lauren guessed that it was because the elk farted and had to cover up the sound and the smell of the fart with the shield. (The actual reason is that Idaho protects wildlife.)

Landon and I have been really tired since school started last week. We've gone to bed a little earlier each night. We went to bed at 9:00pm last night! I hope we start to acclimate to our new, busy schedules.

This is how Landon spent an hour after school on Friday.

6 comments:

weasel said...

Oh my hell....Lauren is so weird/funny/random! That was a good one though, I snorted! Nice picture of Landon, but I have seen that before, in person! I forgot to say the other day that I like the new picture of the girls!

Heidi said...

You ought to put the picture of Landon from the first day next to that one in this post. Sounds like you had a lot of fun in Jackson. Listening to you guys, you'd think that living in Idaho was pretty cool. ;)

Shannon said...

Yeah, Lauren is an original and so creative when it comes to stuff like the elk and his fart-shield. I can totally sympathize with Landon sleeping away after school gets out; I always want to sleep after classes and esp. last month every time I got home from AHAS. You wouldn't think that little kids can make you that tired but it is nuts.

Erin said...

We work really hard to make it look like living in Idaho is fun. It's hard to find stuff to do.

Anonymous said...

I always thought the elk used a shield to keep the poachers from shooting him. It looks like you were the only ones in the pool. How did you do that? You guys are a laugh a minute with all the outdoor things you can do there. No wonder Randon has to rest.

Lorina LeFevre said...

It sounds like you guys are getting a great start to the schoolyear. The girls seem like they are enjoying school and their teachers. I'm loving the music with the blog, you picked some good tunes. Your blog is so fun to read, keep up the good work. Love it!!!