Friday, August 15, 2008

Madison County Fair



Emma entered four 4H projects at the fair this year (cookies, meal planning, health and art). She received ribbons for everything, of course, and we went to the fair to take pictures of them as they were on display.


The Madison County Fair is unlike any fair I've ever been to. It's pretty much the best fair ever. No admission, no carnival games or rides and you park about 20 feet from the entrance along the street. We saw lots of chickens, rabbits, pigs, sheep, cows and goats. There were about 5-6 commercial displays, and the fire department was there with their smoke trailer. We were there about 20 minutes and saw it all. When we were done, I think I felt the Holy Ghost. I was so happy we live in Rexburg and have county fairs like this one.

Today we went to Idaho Falls for some shopping. Landon bought some books at the ISU extension for his classes which start the 27th, went to the teacher store for some frog die-cuts, bought me some sweet dress pants for $9.99 at Lane Bryant, ate at Fazoli's, then dropped some cash at Super Walmart, of course. We came home and went to Landon's classroom to help get things organized. He's got his "Welcome" bulletin board up, all the desks labeled with the kids' names on nameplates, etc, etc. It was productive time.

3 comments:

weasel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
weasel said...

Didn't you also once say you felt the spirit when Pres. Bush spoke too!? Ha ha, good times and a freaking fat pig!

Heidi said...

Great job Emma!! I'm happy that you did so well at the fair. :)