Friday, October 17, 2008

Erin's New Haircut

I got a haircut yesterday. I went to The Hair Academy, which is a Paul Mitchell school. They have their own separate shampoo room with dimmed lights, relaxing music and aromatics. The hair washing process takes like 20 minutes, because they massage your scalp. Because they're students, the whole experience took 2 hours, but it only cost me $8 plus a tip. I think it looks drastically different, but for some reason my boyfriend pretended not to notice the fact that I had 6 inches of hair cut off. When I brought it to his attention he asked why I did it. I said, "so you don't like it?" He said, "I'm just surprised, that's all." This is code in our relationship for, "I'm upset" or "I'm mad" or "You're an idiot."
For example: "Are you mad I spent so much at Walmart today?"
Response: "I'm just surprised, that's all."
Example: "Are you upset I made a mess in the kitchen and didn't clean it up?"
Response: "I'm just surprised, that's all."
Example: "Are you upset I teased the girls so much they're both hysterically crying in their rooms right now?"
Response: "I'm just surprised, that's all."
So, evidently Landon isn't fond of my haircut. Some of you may be familiar with Landon's lack of tact when it comes to fashion feedback. (Fat girls shouldn't wear sweaters, etc.)(No, I don't own any sweaters.) I'd like to take a poll. Vote for the hair before or the hair after. I can't see who voted for which option, so don't worry about hurting my feelings.
By the way, I brought a picture to the salon so they could use it for a guide when doing my hair (they got the layers right, but I have curly hair, so it looks pretty different): This is the "before" hairstyle:
This is the "after" hairstyle:

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute haircut. The best haircut I ever got was only $6 and it was at Melodie's by A&W.

Heidi said...

Looks great Erin.

Anonymous said...

Someone had to tell which picture was Lisa Renna. I love the new look. Landon is so funny.

newbigdogjason said...

I think it is funny that Landon and I have allot of the same responses!