Saturday, October 11, 2008

Gifts from Jane

Sister Kimball and Sister Ingram, Fall 1993, Plzen, Czech Republic.
Jane Luke and I met in 1993 when I was her first companion in the mission field. We raised hell together as missionaries and have stayed close friends ever since. She has twin girls, Jessica and Samantha, who will be 11 in December, Ashley who is 7, and Rhett who is 5. Whenever we go to Utah we stay a night or two with the Lukes. The kids love these get togethers and consider each other best friends or maybe cousins. Landon and I benefit from the Lukes' hospitality and generosity every time we stay with them. Both John and Jane are amazing cooks and Jane is especially gifted in all things domestic. Last week's visit brought a diabetic coma inducing breakfast of pecan praline french toast, a beautiful quilt and the coolest little home decor item I've seen. It's called punch needle embroidery and I'm so excited to learn how to do it.

These are pictures of the kids at the beginning of 2008.


This is my Christmas present! She had her mom use her computerized quilting machine to quilt it. I am planning to hang it on the wall going up the stairs. It's beautiful and in the colors I love.
This is my birthday present! It is called punch needle embroidery. I love it.
Up close picture of the punch needle embroidery. It's like little loops.

3 comments:

weasel said...

Wow - I think Ashley has changed the most out of all of them - this visit she looked so much more grown up!

Anonymous said...

It's great to have friends that no matter how long in between visits, things just click like you were never apart. Jane shames all of us with her talents in homemaking. That quilt is so you!
I'm going to look up needle punch embroidery on the internet and see if I could create something fun.

Heidi said...

You can get those punch art kits at JoAnns or Michaels. They are loads of fun to do.

I'm glad you had a good time with the Lukes and it's great that you've continued to be friends for so long. :)