He served in both the Navy and the Airforce. He served on the USS Columbus (the commanding ship in the fleet, so the Admiral was on it) in the Mediterranean from 1950 to 1954. He then served as a staff sergeant in the Airforce on Nellis Air Force base in Las Vegas from 1956 to 1960. (That's when he met Aunt Dawna.) We completed Emma's poster this morning.




6 comments:
Very impressive! I think it so good for the rising generation to be exposed to times and places that might fade from memory unless those who were present make it live on. It looks like an award winner to me.
It looks great--way to go Emma!
That looks wonderful!!
I had lunch with Aunt Dawna and Uncle Alex the other day and he told us some more about his service to our country. I think you guys made him feel special and important. The progect looks great too. I'll have to print this section of the blog out, so he can see it. Overall, a very successful project.
Good Job Emma! That looks awesome. I always love to hear about the experiences all our heroes have to share! I am so glad you got to find out more about Uncle Alex.
Well done. I wish my Uncle Don was still here. He passed on a couple of months ago. He was on a ship in WWII that was attacked by a kamikazi. It was one of the few that survived. Somewhere I have pictures. I missed being a soldier. I was selected for the draft, but was judged too tall. 6'6" was the limit.
Post a Comment