Sunday, November 23, 2008

Visit From The Lukes

Jane, Jessica, Samantha, Ashley and Rhett drove up to Rexburg to visit us this weekend! They haven't been here since July 2006, so we were really excited that they were able to come up. The girls and I met them in Idaho Falls around 11:00am Saturday morning in order to attend the Sam's Club festive holiday sampling event. After our sampling and shopping, we went to Sarah's Candy Cottage near Winco so we could get some candy. (I told Landon I was going to buy some M & M's at Sams, and he begged me not to. My plan B was to go to the Candy Cottage and buy caramels instead.) We made it back to Rexburg in time for me to drop off the kids with Landon and take Jane to Real Deals for some browsing and free cookies and Sprite (they were having a holiday open house event too!!). The remainder of our two days together was spent making and eating homemade BBQ chicken pizza, eating the best ever caramel dip with some apple slices. Side note--the caramel dip was so good that we all started forgoing the apples slices and just ate big spoonfuls of caramel. I'll include the recipe here, don't worry.
We also went to the new Meadow's clubhouse and let the kids play on the fitness equipment, play air hockey, and Foosball and pick out a movie at the DVD vending machine. Rhett and Landon bonded over Wii, rented Mario Cart to play, and Star Wars Clone Wars to watch. We fed the Lukes some sausage and egg burritos this morning, then they left around 11:00am. After they left, we were exhausted and bloated from the overeating, but we were all really grateful they made the long trip up to see us!

Jessica, Emma and Samantha playing Wii Fit.

Landon and his new buddy, Rhett, playing Mario Cart and other Wii games.

Lauren and Ashley--these girls are two peas in a pod. In the car on the way from IF to Rexburg Lauren was whispering something funny to Ashley. Ashley says loudly, "Lauren, I don't like to talk gross this early in the day." Another Ashley story: during FHE, the Luke kids were going around trying to say something nice about each other. They told Ashley that she was generous. Ashley said, "Yeah, like when I gave Samantha a dollar to stay away from my room."

Hot Caramel Dip

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup corn syrup

Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour into a crockpot and set on low. Serve with sliced apples.

4 comments:

weasel said...

Man - Ashley cracks me up! I love to listen to her talk to - she is a riot! Kinda like Lauren, but Ashley's voice is funny too! That's good that the boys could have some fun too - just warming things up for us to come! I am so excited about the gym equipment, maybe someone could play w O while I work out - LOVELY!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun with Jane and the kids. Can't wait to try the carmel dip.

Shannon said...

That Ashley sounds just like Lauren--funny as heck and slightly off kilter. The dip sounds tasty and I hope that we could try it on Thanksgiving.

Lorina LeFevre said...

It looks like everyone had a good time. The picture above tells the whole story. I know Emma and Lauren were in heaven.