Thursday, September 17, 2009

Crazy Day!

So this morning I got ready to start my official 2nd day of work and Emma started throwing up. I kept her home and set her up with a movie and a bed on the couch. I went to Kennedy to try to help out for an hour or so, but when I called to check on Emma she had thrown up again. I went home right away and Emma kept throwing up. By the time I put her to bed she had a fever and complained about her knees and ankles hurting. If she's still sick tomorrow, I'll take her to the doctor. The school district has gotten me a little freaked out about the swine flu.
Lauren started a rock climbing class today sponsored by the city of Rexburg. They just let the kids climb around on the climbing wall and no one taught them anything. It seems like a huge waste of time and money, but Lauren loved it, so I guess I'll keep my mouth shut until the end of the class. (Then I'll give them my official "evaluation".)
I was in charge of a big enrichment activity tonight, but because Landon had class from 5:00 to 8:00 and Emma was sick, I bailed on my responsibilities. I hate doing that, but I had to.
The best thing that happened tonight was my friend Heidi brought me over a huge bag of produce from her garden! We got pear tomatoes, carrots, squash, zucchini, green onions, and radishes. I'm so excited to start eating it.
In case anyone is following our attempts to eat at home, we are detoxing from fast food. Landon and I are experiencing withdrawal symptoms and have been craving burgers, pizza, fries, Arbys, and everything else. We feel pretty pathetic and embarrassed about how addicted we are. Just the same, I'm looking forward to Saturday...Free Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope for all your sakes our little Emsa is well now.

Shannon said...

Poor Emmy--hope she gets better soon. I like the pictures of each night's dinner. Your family has a talent for making everything look like fun.

weasel said...

I hate throwing up...but I have gotten much less dramatic at it then I used to be. I have decided I am really addicted to soda right now, more than I have been since I was working...I think I am getting too much, but I can't and don't want to, stop!!! I am right there w you on the eating out too, but have been trying to stay at home, because we're poor and trying to save a little bit to go to Reno next month! Those tomatoes look good!