It's not a secret that our family struggles with regular homecooked meals. We eat out a lot because we're lazy and we think of it as a fun family activity. Well, we've come up with a new plan to see if we can reduce our "eating out" expense. We made a month-long menu with a "theme" for every night of the week. Our themes include Mexican, beef, Italian, poor people food, casserole, breakfast, soup, chicken, pork, and Idaho night. Saturdays are leftovers/eat out night. We came up with simple, cheap food for each night of the week. We're going to shop once a week for the food we need that week and see how it all works out. Maybe if it's successful, we'll try to incorporate healthy eating in the future. Baby steps.

We started this today, even though the menu shows meals listed since September 3rd. We created a complete month's worth of meals so we can just use the same menu for October.
*If you want a readable copy of the menu, email me and I'll send you one!
5 comments:
When there are only the three of us involved, you would think it would be easier to cook - I like cooking, I like eating at home, but the clean up bites! Seriously, four times I had to do a huge clean up job last week and not worth it to me!~ Good for you though...I like the "poor people food" but what does Idaho food mean?
Can you send a copy of your menu to me? I need to get better at home cooking too.
Is it just me or is the print too small for human eyes. Is there an enlarger button on this thing? Would love to see your ideas.
Yes! Please email me too. I am curious how it all goes. Keep us informed.
That is a pretty ambitious goal for your family, Good Luck!
Post a Comment