Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Job

I have a new job! I was hired to work at Kennedy (Landon's school) as an aide in one of the 4th grade classrooms. There are 32 kids in each of the two classes, so the principal is able to hire 2 classroom aides. I'll get to work with Mr. Bowman, Emma's 4th grade teacher and a friend of ours. (We gave our cat to him!) I'll be working 4.5 hours a day, 4 days a week...leaving after the girls go to school and home before they get back. The pay is a whopping $8.86 per hour, but a guaranteed 4 days a week so I'll probably average more than I do as a substitute.
Subbing was not really clicking for me this year, so I couldn't be happier. The principal hired me before even reviewing the other 20+ applicants, so it was kind of nice that both he and the other teachers wanted me to work with them.
We went to a 4th ward reunion/dinner tonight (that was the ward we were in when we lived in the dorm), so the Taco Soup I made in the crockpot today didn't get eaten. We canned it and ended up with 4 full quarts of Taco Soup for future use. Can I just mention how much I love our pressure cooker? It's been so much fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I'm sure the stability will be a blessing.

weasel said...

Hooray - you got it! It sounds perfect...you can ck on in on meow!

Shannon said...

Good job! That is good news.

Heidi said...

I've applied with our school district too. Great for you on getting a steady job, I hope it goes well.

Jones Family said...

That is so awesome!! Congratulations!