Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bike Ride to Victor

I rode my bike from Driggs to Victor yesterday. I've always wanted to ride on this bike path, and yesterday was beautiful, so we went for it. I thought it would be so beautiful riding along the west side of the Tetons with all the leaves changing, but in the end, I had mixed feelings about the whole experience. The beginning of the bike path was shady, but that was the last of the shade. I ended up biking 6.6 miles, got a sunburn on my neck and felt a little disillusioned. Not as fun as it looked. We stopped at a little hamburger place in Driggs for lunch. Lauren felt like she was still little enough to ride a mechanical horse. Kind of embarrassing for the rest of us.Landon took a 60 second walk before the girls and I saddled up on our bikes. I managed to catch this event on camera.This is the first 2 seconds of our ride. The fat girl on the left is yours truly; the 2 little ones begged to leave the path and ride in the truck by mile 2. Landon drove the truck and checked in on me periodically during my journey.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Where's your bike helmet?

Anonymous said...

You are my hero. I want Dad to see Landon moving. He doesn't know men are supposed to put foot to ground except as a means to go from bed to recliner.

weasel said...

I seriously am so sad that I didn't get a bike yet!~ Nase mentioned again the other day how it's too cold and we can't get one until next year...I really enjoyed riding bikes while I was there...but it could be because I had people to ride with! Looks fuN!

Kris said...

Looks like Landon was letting out some gas!
Way to go on the Bike Ride! I'm taking a nap thinking about it.