Emma's parent/teacher conference was fun. Her teacher (Mrs. Lauritsen) told us that she appreciates Emma in her classroom because Emma is the only kid in the class who gets the jokes. Apparently the other 33 kids just stare blankly at her when she "entertains" the students. She said that Emma is the only who is smiling or giggling at what she says. I told Emma about that comment, and Emma agreed. She said, "all the kids my age laugh at really dumb stuff. I like to laugh at things that are really funny." Emma and I decided that she has an advanced sense of humor due to her witty mom and teasing dad. Emma received almost all A's (got a B in spelling).
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Happy Birthday To Me...
Yesterday was my 38th birthday! I enjoyed my birthday because I've learned over the years that the best birthdays are the ones where I get to do what I want to do. I brought birthday treats for the 62 kids I help everyday at Kennedy (Halloween candy). I had to pick up Emma at 12:15pm because of parent/teacher conferences, so I took her out for lunch at Applebees. I wanted Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner and cupcakes from the Cupcake Cafe for dessert, so Emma and I took care of that while we were out. The only presents I asked for was chocolate and magazines (got both, plus a Walmart giftcard!). I received several phone calls, got cards from Nanny (grateful that I still have a grandma who sends me cards and money at my age) and my parents with a little money to offset the cost of my extravagant birthday wishes. It was a perfect day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like a great day. Happy Late Birthday!
Glad you had a good birthday. Emma sounds like a teacher's dream--I would love to have her in my class someday.
I'm glad you had a happy birthday. Here's to many, many more. Love you.
Way to go, Emsa. Glad your day was happy. How did 38 years go so fast? Love you.
Mmmmm, chocolate and magazines. That's a party right there. Glad you had a good time. :)
Glad it was a good day for you! Birthdays suck for me since I never get what I really want (alone time). Im glad you got what you wanted
Post a Comment