I've never made a quilt before, but I wanted to take advantage of all the work Jane had already done, so I went to JoAnn's today and bought the rest of the fabric I'd need. The size is a short twin, so it's pretty big. I'm planning to use it in the living room when we need an extra blanket on the couch. The blocks are Christmas-themed, so whenever I get it done, we'll use it through the winter. I'm excited and a little nervous to take on a new project like this, since I've never done it before. Landon helped me choose the coordinating fabrics...I had a hard time committing to anything.
I did the sashing today (that's the blue lines in between the blocks). The red fabric will eventually be a 6 inch border around the whole thing.
This is an up-close view of the red border and the fabric I'll use for the binding.
This is the fabric I'll use for the back. It's kind of tan/brown with snowflakes.
3 comments:
Sounds like fun but lots of work. I'm in awe.
I really like it--good colors.
I think our red borders are the same fabric! Cool! I LOVE IT! You have inspired me to actually finish mine!
Post a Comment