The girls and I spent a long weekend in Utah for the beginning of Harvest Break. We left Friday morning and ate lunch with Kristen and Oliviana, then drove to Spanish Fork to spend Friday and Saturday night with the Lukes.
Before we arrived, the girls (especially Lauren and Ashley) had spent quite a lot of time on the phone planning the fun they were going to have together. In the video you'll see the list Ashley and Lauren compiled before we arrived. Jane and I spent the entire time talking, talking, talking. I consider the time I spend with Jane cheaper and more effective than therapy. She took me to Salt Lake for lunch at the Bohemian Grill (Czech restaurant) for a birthday gift. We had a very Czech meal together and loved every minute of it.
We spent Sunday and Monday with Kristen's family. We just hung out, watched some conference, went to Jump On It and University Mall in Orem, and ate some good food Kristen made for us. It was pretty low-key and relaxing.
We drove home Tuesday and were so happy to be home with Dad. Landon was lonely and missed us a lot, but he got some much-needed studying done. We missed him a lot too. For the first 24 hours after we got home, he couldn't sit on the couch without one or all of us right on top of him. None of us does well with separation.
OK, so the song I chose to go along with this video is called "Fat-Bottomed Girls" by Queen. I just like it. It really sums up the girls in our family, and it was a girls-only weekend so I went with it. Enjoy.
5 comments:
Nice - we had a good time...it was kind of nice not doing anything much! That video of Oliviana was funny...it's funny to see what goes on when I'm driving! Good times
Crazy times--Lauren gets a medal for sportsmanship in the car.
Good song--John played that once in the car when he gave me a ride home. It is my favorite Queen song.
Sounds like you had a great time. my favorite part was the list. How many things did we accomplish from the list?? Perfect example of what makes kids so great!!
Sounds like you had a great time. my favorite part was the list. How many things did we accomplish from the list?? Perfect example of what makes kids so great!!
Post a Comment