Friday, November 13, 2009

Flu

Lauren has the flu. She woke up at 3:30am today because she had the chills and a fever. When she got up for school at 6:45am, she still had a fever and she was achy all over. I took her to the doctor's office and they prescribed Tamiflu. He told me that locally, most cases of the flu have been the H1N1 virus, so he's treating her for it because of her symptoms. The trip to the doctor completely exhausted her. By the time we got home she was moaning, crying, shaking and hotter than ever. I gave her some ibuprofen and the first dose of her Tamiflu and she's snoring on the couch right now. Poor little baby.
I'm really worried that the rest of us will get it now! I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

weasel said...

Seriously - that kid gets everything first, so sad!!! I am so scared if I get the H1N1...who will take care of me, who will take care of Oliviana! YOu guys should all wear masks when you're home!~

Heidi said...

Learn to love Lysol and antibacterial gel. I hope she feels better. Both girls had it and it sucks big time.

Jones Family said...

Sad!!! If you need ANYTHING, please call me!! I hope you are all okay.

Lorina LeFevre said...

We just saw the post, hope all is okay!!