Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

We were on our own this year for Thanksgiving--no company. We were kind of sad about that and wishing someone would come visit us, but we actually had a great day with just the four of us. Landon made the turkey, mashed potatoes and a yam for himself (no one else was interested), I made the rolls and we all worked together on the stuffing, gravy, curried cauliflower and pumpkin and pecan pies. We had Marie Callendar pies, gravy from a jar and stuffing from a box, so it wasn't too difficult. The food was delicious and we had tons of leftovers. To make our time fun this weekend, we've been attempting to play as many games as possible from our game closet. So far we've played Cranium, Rummikub, Blokus, Monopoly, Scrabble, Sequence, Uno Attack, Guess Who, and Connect Four. We can only handle about 1-2 hours at a time, so we've really broken it up over the past couple of days. Landon and I went to see New Moon (disappointing movie...similar to the book, actually) and while we were gone, the girls had a Guess Who marathon and played it 24 times.
This is us playing SpongeBob Monopoly. Notice the pop and game candy. An essential part of the fun.
Landon and I went to Walmart at 5:00am this morning. We bought everything on our list as well as a few items Kristen asked us to pick up. It was kind of a nightmare. There were no carts and we bought so many things that I had to steal someone's cart. I felt so guilty about it that I couldn't even go back to sleep after we got home. This guy had walked away from his cart! There was nothing in it and he was several aisles away. I couldn't even walk I was so loaded down with purchases, so I put everything in his cart and took off. Landon found me and said, "hey, where did you get the cart?" I said, "Shh!! Move!" Then I took off my coat so the guy couldn't recognize me (except that I'm 6'2" and pretty easy to spot). I felt horrible about it and still do.
Anyway, having a fun weekend with the girls and looking forward to cutting down a Christmas tree tomorrow.
P.S. Yesterday was this lady's 89th birthday...

And this boy's 25th birthday...

Aunt Lorina had her birthday on Monday! Happy Birthday everyone!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds nice--esp. like the part about taking it easy with just the four of you. As for Walmart you are a lot braver than I would be---hate crowds and getting up early.

Anonymous said...

Nanny looks alot younger now than in that picture.

Dennis Kimball said...

So you were the cart thief. Channel 8 did a special on that. A slow news day.