Having said that, we've had an unusually busy week! I'm about to lose my mind! We make a point to keep our schedules fairly flexible in order to limit the stress at home, but it's been out of our control lately. I think if we survive until we hit the road sometime after the 18th of December, I'll start to enjoy life a little more. I haven't made our bed since Sunday, which is very telling. Keeping my house clean = keeping Mom sane without medication. I almost cried with frustration this morning as I was leaving for work with yet another unmade bed.
I was talking to Emma on my way to drop her off at school one morning. I told her that I get up at least 2 full hours before we have to leave so I can get myself ready and then be available to get all three of the others out the door every morning. I was kind of complaining about how much I have to do for them, and Emma pointed out, "but that's your job." I don't know how other people would take that comment, but I had an epiphany. I need to quit my bitching! I actually love my "job!" Sometimes I just need to be reminded that I love my job.


The Christensens came over for dessert Wednesday night. The kids made "elf hats" while the adults had some good conversation. It was really fun. We need to get together more often.
3 comments:
No matter how enlightened the world gets, the mom always has 90% of the load...Glad you're happy being you 'cause you do a great job!
I definately know what you mean about forgetting how important that job is...I went to a sealing today...they had two kids sealed to them - it's amzing how blessed I am to be able to by a Mom...no matter how little money we have or stress that brings...there have been lots of little miracles because I stay home and do my job.
Those hats are fun. very clever!
Post a Comment