Today I wanted to put away our Christmas stuff and catch up my blog and maybe get started on some sewing projects. Instead, Landon cut into some pomegranates and started squeezing juice out of them. Soon, I was required to help him get through all 20+ pounds of pomegranates from Grandma Duffin's tree. I ran to the store and got sugar, cheesecloth, jelly jars and pectin. We ended up with 23 jelly jars (half-pints) of pomegranate jelly. I have a feeling that tomorrow he'll get started on cracking pecans and I'll spend another day-free from work and school schedules-cracking pecans out of their shell.
From what we've tasted, the jelly is pretty dang good. If anyone wants to try it, send us some postage money and we'll send you some jelly.
Here's the chief squeezer at work...

6 comments:
Sounds interesting.
I'm intrigued by your jelly. I saw poms growing in Texas and couldn't believe my eyes. I always thought they came from stores. That is supposed to be one of the healthiest foods ever.
I'll take some jam off your hands. If your girls have outgrown clothes, we'll take them off your hands too. ;)
Send me some postage and I'll send you some jelly. Lotu just inherited all of the clothes that are too small...sorry!
My money is coming, I love pomegranete jelly. IT IS SO MUCH WORK, but it taste so yummy. Good work guys.
Landon should enter a strong man contest. Look at those forearms!!
Post a Comment