We had a busy week last week, but we had fun at the same time. Here's some highlights:
- A little boy shuffled in to Landon's classroom after school on Friday. Landon asked him what was going on. The kid, named Moroni (go ahead and laugh blog readers who don't live in Idaho/Utah), said that he can't get on his bike and ride home because he "accidentally" tied his shoelaces together. Now he can't get the knot out. I sat him down and started working on his knot while Landon called his parents. Landon said, "Hi, this is Mr. LeFevre. Moroni will be late getting home because his feet are tied together and can't ride his bike right now. When we untie him, he'll be on his way." The whole situation kind of cracked me up.
- It snowed on Saturday!
- Emma has a water party today, Landon has a party involving a dunk tank tomorrow...it's currently raining.
- We're looking forward to camping with Kristen and Oliviana next Tuesday and Wednesday at Lava Hot Springs. We're planning dutch oven, s'mores, swimming, the whole bit.
- Emma had an orchestra concert last week and did fantastic. It's amazing what that teacher can do by the end of the year with kids who have never touched a stringed instrument before 5th grade.
- Lauren's class hasn't done any fun end-of-school activities, so she's been attending Landon's class on field trip and party days. It's still 3rd grade, so we're not bad parents, right?
- Landon has lost 23 pounds in about 6-7 weeks. He looks hot. (It's hard to even type that without giggling, but seriously...he looks hot.)
- I'm obsessed with cookies. I think about them quite a bit and panic if we don't have some in the house. I've been buying them, not making them. I'm looking forward to school ending so I can start making them. Yes, I've put on about 8 pounds since the obsession took root, but still.
The quality of the blog will continue to suffer until school's out. I promise higher quality soon.
3 comments:
A blog doesn't need photos, just wit. You crack me up!
Glad to see that things are looking up. I brought marshmallows to a class today and started eating them in front of the kids to see if it would upset them...I did eventually share with them.
Seriously - the call to the parents made me snort! We're super excited to see you guys too...r u bringing bikes? I bought another new one, so far so good...went on a long ride - it's fun!
Post a Comment