Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend Events

Another fun weekend to report:
Friday night we bought the girls some TV dinners, cookies, ice cream and a Red Box movie in exchange for smiling faces as we walked out the door for a date in Idaho Falls. We ate at Five Guys (LOVE THAT PLACE!), walked around the mall, then headed home. We stayed up and watched the first 4 episodes of Friday Night Lights. A friend of mine lent us the first two seasons of that show so we can become addicted to yet another TV show. Fine with us. Apparently the 4th season just started, so we've got a lot of catching up to do.
Saturday the girls and Landon had eye appointments, then we went over to the church so I could get some Primary stuff done. We stopped at Jimmy John's for a to-go lunch and ate it at the church. Here's our picnic:Landon and Lauren love the pickles. I like the pickles, but faced with a choice, I choose a cookie or chips any day. I had to make copies, put ribbons on candy bars, write names on Primary CDs and other odds and ends. It was a family effort, which made it much easier.
This is my boyfriend. He's a nice guy. We're aging, but we still like to hang out together.

Lauren loves it when I make this face, sneak up on her and say, "Hey Lauren, do you want to play with me?" I can get a few laughs no matter what her mood is.

After the fun and games at the church, the girls visited Katrina and Kayla Kimpel's house. They're the friends who have a little farm. Their goats recently had babies, so we all got to see them. The girls stayed and played with the Kimpels while we went to Albertsons for about an hour and a half. Two dates in one weekend! What a treat.

Today I made ciabatta bread, based on an episode of America's Test Kitchen on PBS. I just took it out of the oven, so we're not sure how it actually turned out. It was very labor intensive, but that's what Sundays are for. (Actually, that's kind of untrue, isn't it?)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You and Landon are cute together.

Lorina LeFevre said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I want to see baby goats, I bet they are so cute. Did you get to feed them? Do you like Friday Night Lights?

weasel said...

LMAO...ha ha ha...I am laughing too, don't think you could ever get by me w that look and me not snort a little!!! Sundays not labor intensive...that is my hardest working day - I always do a lot that day, then I try to take Monday off!