Saturday, July 31, 2010

Missoula Trip, Day Four

After a breakfast of vanilla malted waffles (I don't know what that means, but that's what they advertised we were eating...just tasted like regular waffles to me), the girls swam some more and we hit the road for home. We went through Leadore, a small town where we bought some pressed meat product (ham) for $3.99 so we could have a picnic lunch when we got to Birch Creek. We set up the shade, the chairs and put together some bagels, cream cheese, fake ham, chips, cookies, licorice and diet Pepsi. Lauren is in heaven when we let her drink diet Pepsi with actual caffeine in it. This only happens on vacation or when she's having a meltdown and I think she needs to be medicated.
After lunch Landon and Emma did some fishing in Birch Creek. The water was cold, but Lauren and I enjoyed sitting by the side, soaking our feet, and heckling the fishermen. After a couple hours, we left Birch Creek and walked in the door to our house around 4:00pm.

We had such a fun trip! The girls got along more than they argued, I think we bonded as a family even more, we ate good food, did and saw new things, and had great conversations. Definitely a positive experience.

4 comments:

weasel said...

So cool! As I go through all your posts, I so wish I was creative like this trip and I so wish my husband liked adventures! Next time you do something like this...O and I might have to tag along, I know that defeats the purpose of your family bonding time...but it looks like you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Am so drooling over all the fun camp food you ate. It is really hard cooking to keep Daddy alive...terribly boring and lacks the crunch of doritos and the joy of caffeine!

Lorina LeFevre said...

I want to go to Birch Creek, how pretty is that place?! It just looks so green and pretty with the sound of running water. I wanna go.

Shannon said...

Will you adopt me?!