It snowed! Big time! Mainly on Monday, but there as been a little more snow each day this week. I don't know if I was quite ready for it, even though we expected snow by Halloween. It was so nice to have such a long, beautiful, warm fall. (Lauren is the kid in the blue-ish coat on her knees in the snow.)
Landon decided it was finally time to buy some new insoles for his shoes. His feet were sore at work, and I guess he figured out why and bought some good gel inserts. Maybe one day we'll be rich enough to buy new shoes when we need them!! (Says the girl wearing the same black church shoes from Payless since 1998!)
Landon is hell-bent on breeding his class gerbils. He picked up this male gerbil (buck? bull?) for free from the BYU-I bulletin board, complete with cage, ball, bedding, and food. He put the little guy in the cage with Marshmallow and Brownie, the girl gerbils (does? cows?) and they got into a fight. Marshmallow attacked the boy and drew blood. Brownie was fine with him, I guess. I have a theory that Marshmallow is a lesbian gerbil and was protecting her girlfriend. I call her "Butch" now. So inappropriate.

I bought a $40 futon on BYU-I bulletin board for Lauren's room. Whenever we have company, Emma gives up her bed and then has to sleep on the couch or on an airbed. It's kind of hard after a few days, because she really loves her space. Well, because we'll be having company for several weeks, we decided to try to fix the problem. Emma will get the twin bed and Lauren will get the futon while Grammy's here, and again later when Nana's here. Landon has some grand plans about building a lofted bed over the top of the futon so there is more space in Lauren's room, but I'm hoping the current situation will be sufficient and no lofting is needed. The futon is a piece of crap, but Landon is very handy and fixed it so it doesn't sag in the middle. Lauren tried it out last night and loved it.
5 comments:
Go, Butch, the lesbian gerbil!!!
I thought gerbils just had dirty thoughts and got pregnant--closely akin to rabbits. Who knew you had to arrange things for them.
I like how Lauren's room looks with the futon in it. Very cozy with the quilts on it. Good luck with the gay gerbils, maybe you can scare them straight. ;)
STOP STOP - I'm Snorting! Go Butch...Nase wasn't as impressed when I read it to him, but I was laughing pretty hard! I've always wanted a futon...until I slept on one...but they are fun to sit on!
Lauren is so easy going...looks like they'll be fine for a few weeks. I'm not sure what to think about the gerbils??!!
Post a Comment