Kristen developed a boil (a boil!!) on her top LIP! David started calling her "Daffy" and the name kind of stuck. I couldn't look at her without laughing.

I couldn't resist taking a picture of Mom's butt. I can't get over how narrow it is nowadays! Amazing.
After the funeral, Heidi, Jason, Chloe, Lindsey, John, Katie, Kristen, Oliviana, David and I went for a drive up the gorge. We stopped at IKEA, Multnomah Falls, the fish hatchery, Charburger, and The East Wind Drive-in. So fun!
We hiked up to the bridge at Multnomah Falls. David took lots of pictures, because he's way into photography. (The next morning David and I left at 6:30am and returned to Multnomah Falls so he could get some photos without people on the bridge. We drove up the gorge even farther and he took pictures at several other waterfalls and scenic areas. We even hiked up a mile to some waterfall. I'm so out of shape that I was drenched in sweat by the time we got to the top. I ordered David to look away as he stared at my head, which was so red that he probably assumed it would burst into flames at any moment. After all the picture taking, we found some smoked salmon and had a "picnic" in the car on the drive back to Vancouver: smoked salmon, cream cheese, crackers and amazingly huge, fresh-baked gourmet cookies from Charburger. A fun, yet sweaty morning.)
We stopped at the fish hatchery near Bonneville Dam and I could NOT get enough of the sturgeon! Holy cow! The sturgeon in the picture is Herman, the Sturgeon. He is over 70 years old, over 450 pounds and over 20 feet long. They were amazing to look at. There were other fish (trout and salmon, I think) that were really fun to watch, too. You could feed them and they'd jump out of the water to grab the fish food.


We stopped at Charburger for dinner, then got an ice cream at the East Wind Drive-in, as is the Kimball tradition. A train stopped right on the tracks below the drive-in and the engineer guy jumped out, climbed up the bank and got in line for a couple of butterscotch shakes. Then he got back in his train and went on his way. We thought that was pretty funny. 
Look at John's amazement at Kristen's boil-infested upper lip as she eats her ice cream cone.

David, Kristen, Oliviana and I stayed at Nanny's house while we were visiting. We had a blast goofing off, teasing, and being silly together. It was like 30 years disappeared and one of us wasn't an uptight banker for a few days (except when we needed him to pay for burgers through the drive-thru at Burgerville...or plane tickets...then we were glad one of us has uptight banker money).
David went home Wednesday morning, and Kristen and I went home Wednesday evening, so we made arrangements to meet up with our friends and visit at the park near Mom and Dad's house, Wednesday afternoon.
4 comments:
Sometimes it is nice to be just the sibs without spouses.
You look so short!!!! (next to your brother...)
I love that picture of us Erin, I had no idea. Thanks Kristen!
It was not a boil - it was a freaking in-grown hair...thanks! Seriously, you used all my pictures, I think I'll just copy your dang post!
Post a Comment