Landon and I went on the 17 Day Diet for about 14 days, then we couldn't handle it anymore. The 17 Day Diet is a book by Dr. Mike Moreno and has been on the best seller list for months and months. Landon lost 14 pounds and I lost 12 pounds in the first 7 days, then we stopped losing ANY weight, so we stopped. It's really restrictive (low carb, low fat) for the first 17 day cycle, then gets gradually less restrictive over the next three 17 day cycles. It's also very expensive! We could only eat fresh fruit, vegetables, yogurt and lean protein (chicken, fish and egg whites), which cost a lot more than our typical menus. The girls loved the food we ate and I'm sure that added to the expense, but I'm really happy that they love to eat healthy foods. Here's a meal we ate one night (Mediterranean salad and salmon):

The other night at dinner Emma started pointing and laughing at my hair. She told me it was time to dye my roots and Landon added that I also needed a haircut. I call it "the ugly intervention." I went to Evan's and got a little makeover:
Big hair, as always, but I like it a lot better. Shorter hairstyles look better on me and keep me looking younger!
Lauren likes short hair too, so I finally took her to get her hair chopped off. She wanted to see how long she could wait, but it turns out she just couldn't deal with the longer hair.
Before:
After:
And with a flower:
4 comments:
Good job on losing weight and the new hair...you look maaaavelous.
I think that you should go for a mohawk...or not.
I always think I'm going to try diets like that, but it is so freaking expensive to eat healthy & I don't have a good support system...translation - Nase & Nana still like to eat crap! Salmon sounds good!!!
Love the "dos!" Way cute!!!
Post a Comment