I went to Vancouver for about 5 days for Nanny's memorial service on Monday, August 29th. She was buried on Friday in a graveside service, but we still wanted to have a regular "funeral-type" service for everyone who wanted to attend. David, her bishop and I gave talks and Heidi also got up to thank all the many people in her ward who have helped her so much. Kristen and John gave prayers. I thought the memorial service itself and my time in Vancouver to help, and find and offer support was a really positive experience. We had a lot of fun together, got some work done, and found some comfort and peace regarding my grandma and grandpa's deaths. I miss them both so much...especially when I see pictures, but I'm so happy and relieved that they're back together and I don't have to worry about either of them anymore!

Nanny and Grandpa are buried at Evergreen Memorial Gardens.

Not a time to be to be sad.

One of the best parts of the weekend was going through Nanny and Grandpa's journals and personal histories to read about their lives and look at their old pictures. This is a display we threw together at the last minute after finding some great pictures of Nanny.


Hanging out, waiting for the service to begin.


The luncheon was gross, but it was really nice of Nanny's ward to provide food for us. They are a really good group of people.

We stopped by the cemetery after the memorial service, to put the flowers from the service on Nanny and Grandpa's graves.
1 comment:
So glad you are finally home! I know it was good for you to go back there, though!
Post a Comment