Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

We had so much fun in Pocatello, that we didn't put a lot of time into creating a fancy Easter for the girls. They woke up to baskets we had scrounged up from digging through their closets (we didn't want to go into the crawlspace for baskets) containing plastic eggs filled with candy. Lorina and Christina had sent a package, so we saved their goodies to put in the Easter baskets so it looked like the Easter bunny brought more than he really did. The girls still made us hide the plastic eggs so they could "hunt" for them, even though they had already seen them. The girls dyed eggs Sunday morning, even though by Sunday afternoon we were planning to eat them. They still enjoyed it.We had gotten the girls new dresses in Pocatello so they could wear them to church. Here's what they picked out:Lauren's dress is a cute, more "little girl" type dress, so this will probably be the last year she'll be able to get away with that kind of style. But she loves it and it's cute on her. Emma definitely has her own style. She's really independent and knows what she likes. I love her confidence and her eye for what looks good on her. She ended up getting two dresses because she also loves a good bargain and found these two dresses for the price of Lauren's one.Dad took this lovely picture. Apparently the girls didn't like looking into the sun. After church, Emma had BYC and Landon had to stay after to count tithing money. Lauren came home with me and made the deviled eggs for dinner. She has decided that they are her absolute favorite food ever. Dinner was DELICIOUS! We had a spiral-cut ham with homemade honey mustard sauce, twice-baked potatoes, homemade rolls, green salad, and deviled eggs. Emma made a chocolate cream pie for dessert. We had so much left over that we'll be eating ham and rolls for weeks to come.







Hey, by the way, I keep forgetting to announce this: Emma made the yearbook staff for next school year! She had to apply with an essay, fill out an application, have good grades (she has a 4.0), and get 3 teacher recommendations. There were lots and lots of applicants and she is only one of two 8th graders who will be on the staff. The rest are 9th graders. Next year, she will get to attend lots of school activities to take pictures, and have lots of opportunities to create layouts, write articles, and meet deadlines. She did this all on her own. She didn't have any friends who were planning to do it, we never talked about it at home, she just decided it sounded like fun. She's such a good, sweet, smart, independent, confident kid! I love that I have this blog so I can brag about my little angels!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing pics of the kids and knowing what they're up to.

weasel said...

Good job Emma! That will be so much fun - I would have loved that (but I didn't have a 4.0)

Lorina LeFevre said...

Way to go, Emma!! I waqs in Journalism class, too. I helped with the school newspaper and yearbook, so much fun.