Sunday, November 2, 2008

New Calling

If your testimony is weak, read no further.
I just got called to be the 1st counselor in the Relief Society today. Evidently the honey oatmeal bread I brought over to the Bishop's house as a "thank you" present for letting me borrow their canning supplies was a big hit with the Bishop. He actually told me that my name came to mind after he ate the bread. After he explained that and extended me the calling, I mentally damned that honey oatmeal bread straight to hell.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

No good deed goes unpunished.

Heidi said...

Uh, congratulations?

weasel said...

LMAO - I like that last line!

Anonymous said...

Stand back, there's a new sheriff in town!

Kris said...

sweet, you will be great! They need more people like you. Shake up Idaho!
Love ya

christensen clan said...

Next time take him some cupcakes that have fallen off the plate onto the ground. What would that get you...maybe parking lot attendant.

Dennis Kimball said...

I think the bread might be innocent. It's that awful record of good works and support of leaders that is doing it to you. One's light cannot always be hidden. "Let your light so shine before men .......? Para bems.