Yesterday after Landon and I braved the crowds at 5:00am to get some good deals at Walmart, K-mart and Walgreens and after Kristen and I went to see Twilight (LOVED IT), the LeFevres, the Finaus, and the Christensens drove about 50 miles to cut down a Christmas tree in Island Park. We parked the cars, then hiked up the side of a mountain in the snow and found a really nice tree to cut down, take home and decorate.




Kristen and Oliviana
This picture doesn't really show how pretty the tree really is. It's a very pretty tree.
5 comments:
What kind of tree is that?
Made me wistful for when Laura and Pa and I cut down our trees back in them good ol' days.
Shannon, it's a fir tree.
It looks like a lot of fun. We got our tree up today and let the girls decorate it. Which means everything is close together in the front and the back is completely empty. We may sneak and do some rearranging tonight after they go to bed.
I wasn't sure because of the way the branches were--one time we had a tree that had a lot of spaces between the branches and I think it was some other kind of tree.
It is a sub-alpine fir from the west side of the continental divide. (According to Landon)
Post a Comment