Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to the Routine

Well, we're back to our normal routine again. The kids and Landon are back at school and I'm done working at the Housing Office. I did all the paperwork to work as a substitute teacher for the next 5 months. I'll get $55 per day (that extra $5 is because I have a Bachelor's degree-yay me). When I don't have a job, I get to stay home and watch Judge Judy, cook, clean and run errands for everyone.
We went food shopping on Friday at Winco with some food storage money mom and dad gave us for Christmas and we were able to fill our pantry! That was fun. We supplemented their gift with some of our normal budgeted food money and were able to get quite a bit of food. I still don't know what to make for dinner though! I'm thinking creamed tuna on toast, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or green beans with peaches on the side.


Here's a funny Lauren story: She wanted to bring her Nintendo DS to school for Show and Tell this morning. I told her that some of the bad kids might want to steal it. She said that all the bad kids already have a Nintendo DS, then she listed all their names. She convinced me, so cross your fingers that none of the good kids decide they want a Nintendo DS today.