We stopped at the Lukes' house for a night on the way home from our trip. Poor Jane's back had gone out on her, but she still welcomed us and allowed us to stay and create chaos in her house. We reached a monumental milestone in our relationship with the Luke family...we gave the kids a pizza and then left all 6 of them at home while the adults went out for a quiet dinner on our own. I thought that experience was significant. I remember back in the days when we lived in Springville and we'd all get together and all we could do is chase kids and clean up messes while we tried to have conversations over the top of the clamor. I can't believe we're finally to the point where we can leave them at home and enjoy some quiet time away from them. I'm just glad that in spite of our tendency to pick up and move, my girls still have long-term, consistent friends to share their growing up years.
Trouble #1 and Trouble #2
Rhett (Landon's video game/Star Wars buddy), Samantha, Emma, Jessica, Lauren and Ashley