
We were able to get tickets for the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference. We drove down to Kristen's house on Friday, in time for lunch at Cafe Rio. We walked around Costco, shopped at Walmart, then just hung out with the Finau's watching High School Musical 3 and visiting. Landon got really sick Friday night and barely slept all night, but we still made it to conference. (Landon actually ran into his superintendent in the conference center and said hello.) The girls were exceptionally well-behaved and just took it all in. It was pretty amazing to see how huge the conference center is and to enjoy listening to the talks in person. We took our time driving home, and made it home by about 9:30pm Saturday night. Even though Landon was sick all day, even he said he'd do it again if we got tickets.
Landon had forgotten his white shirt at home, but went on a quick run to DI and found a XXLT white shirt (his size) at DI for $5. Amazing, since we can't even find that size in a regular store.
There were thousands of people, so we made sure to hold hands tightly.
No photography is allowed in the conference center, but everyone else was taking pictures, so I took one. This is before the general authorities entered the room.
There was an incident with Oliviana where she pulled Lauren's hair kind of hard a couple of times. Lauren cried because that's pretty much the most painful thing you can do to Lauren. In an effort to discipline Oliviana, Kristen pulled Oliviana's hair and asked her if she likes how that feels. Oliviana said, "yes." So I guess that's one difference between Lauren and Oliviana.
Three fake smiles.
Landon had forgotten his white shirt at home, but went on a quick run to DI and found a XXLT white shirt (his size) at DI for $5. Amazing, since we can't even find that size in a regular store.
There were thousands of people, so we made sure to hold hands tightly.
No photography is allowed in the conference center, but everyone else was taking pictures, so I took one. This is before the general authorities entered the room.
There was an incident with Oliviana where she pulled Lauren's hair kind of hard a couple of times. Lauren cried because that's pretty much the most painful thing you can do to Lauren. In an effort to discipline Oliviana, Kristen pulled Oliviana's hair and asked her if she likes how that feels. Oliviana said, "yes." So I guess that's one difference between Lauren and Oliviana.
Three fake smiles.
4 comments:
That picture of Oliviana is hilarious! That's awesome that you guys had a good experience - I think I would have taken pictures too!
I am glad you guys had fun - even though you didn't visit us. (JK) Oliviana is so dang cute!
Glad your trip was good. The kids will probably always remember that special conference trip.
What a fabulous experience! I think Jason would about wet himself if we could go to Conference. Someday, I hope we can go, it would be awesome.
Post a Comment