Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lauren's Baptism

Lauren's baptism was a fun day. She was sweet and endured all the attention and excitement well. She looked beautiful and I think she took it seriously enough to really "get" what she was doing. She told me she felt really special when she first came out of the water. By Sunday morning, she was in tears saying, "I'm really glad I got baptized, but enough already! Let's move on!" She was overwhelmed with all the attention, anticipating walking to the front of the congregation at church to be "presented" as the newest member, etc. We're just not used to having so much going on at our house and I think it was starting to get to her.
(I have way more pictures than this, but I think I'll make a slideshow with all the baptism weekend pictures in a later post. I need help with that kind of project and my helper is at work.) This is Lauren just after she got her jumpsuit on. She was really happy.The money shot.After she was baptized, she wore a cute dress we bought at Burlington Coat Factory. I'm not one to support my girls wearing foo-foo white dresses reminiscent of Catholic christenings or weddings. It goes against the current trend in our church right now, but my girls are victims of my strong opinions, so they knew better than to ask for a white dress. Lauren's was a great compromise, I thought. In her hair, she wanted to wear a special bow barrette that she had made in an after-school class called, "Girls and Curls."
We loved that so many in our family could come to Lauren's baptism. Portia Loosli, my brother's mother-in-law from Ashton, also made it, which was really thoughtful. You'll see Landon's mom, 2 sisters, Lorina and Christina, brother Justin with wife Stacy and baby boy, Lincoln. Then there was my mom, sister Kristen with husband Manase and baby Oliviana.

3 comments:

weasel said...

Don't you find it weird that my husband is on the other side of the group from me?!

Anonymous said...

I love Laurens Dress!!! Plus, way cute family photo.

newbigdogjason said...

Very nice!